1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support WiFi issue question

1. 11290

11290 Active Member

This past Summer I was able to log in on our company WiFi with the Tab 2 10.1 and also my Samsung Infuse phone, using my login ID and password. When I went back in the Fall (I only work as a seasonal employee) I could connect with the Infuse phone (login info saved) but could not login with the Tab 2.

Information for the site was saved the same as the phone but it would not connect. Tried to "forget" the site and log back in manually but it still would not connect or receive an IP address. Can't remember exactly what message it gave me though.

My basic question, is there any other place in the tablet that I can go to delete the login info and attempt a reconnect. Going back to work for a couple of months in Feb. and would like to be able to use the tablet while in the break room.

Phone is using Gingerbread and the Tab 2 10.1 prior to last nights update to Jelly Bean, was using ICS 4.0.4. Don't think that I had 4.0.4 this past summer (not sure) and I wonder if the updates might have changed something internally. All other WiFi sites have never given me any issues when I go away and then come back to them, just this work one.

Advertisement
  2. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

Yeah this issue can be pretty frustrating. You
  3. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

It could be that your workplace network will not allow two logins with the same credentials. They have different internal device IDs. Delete both networks on your devices then setup on the Tablet first

Spikes
  4. 11290

11290 Active Member

Thought about that but I had them both on during the summer when I was there. I'll be back there on Monday of next week and will try that and see. Thanks.