• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Issue

C0OIM4N

Lurker
Feb 20, 2011
I may just be overlooking something, but when I try to connect to my home WiFi, after I enter the pass code, etc. It won't allow me to connect to ANYTHING internet-based, I guess you could call it. I can't connect to FB, or the Android Market, it all just says it cannot connect. I haven't *yet* tested it any other WiFi networks, but I plan to very soon, within the next week.

Any help?

I may just be overlooking something, but when I try to connect to my home WiFi, after I enter the pass code, etc. It won't allow me to connect to ANYTHING internet-based, I guess you could call it. I can't connect to FB, or the Android Market, it all just says it cannot connect. I haven't *yet* tested it any other WiFi networks, but I plan to very soon, within the next week.

Any help?

Welcome to Android Forums, C0OIM4N.

j101399j asks some important questions.

Also, loss of network can be caused by the wrong setting in menu > settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks ("home" or "automatic").

But the first thing that came to mind as I read your post was an inadvertent un-checking of the network box in the menu. ;)

But, doubting that, I'd be inclined to restart the router before anything else, then go in and carefully be sure all settings are proper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones