WiFi issues ( connect/disconnect. Etc.)Support

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

alrighty!!! let the problems begin hahahaaha

my phone keeps connecting and disconnecting to WiFi when in my bedroom, making it very hard to download larger apps (the download aborts when connection lost).

the thing is the WiFi icon is SHOWING full bars of connectivity so it shouldn't be losing signal because of lack of signal to the router.

anywho it's getting somewhat frustrating, if anyone else is having this problem or has had it on another device and knows how to fix it please post!

Advertisement
    :
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I was having a similar problem last night while I was watching TV through my Roku. However, the problem was not the phone, it was Time Warner Cable. I couldn't get pages to load on my phone, and the show I was trying to watch was freezing every 10 seconds. It happens a few times a week in the evenings. Again, I was having trouble loading, but the problem was not with my device.

If you have TWC I suggest you check your router... not that it will help since it's probably the service that is the problem (I've been through 4 different routers, 2 provided by TWC, and I still get intermittent internet problems due to their abysmal service. The wifi signal from the router never drops, just the internet download speeds).
  3. Covert_Death

i have cox cable and my laptop continues to have a stable connection

although i MAY have found a solution. under SETTINGS>WIFI>ADVANCED there is a checkbox for something like "best wifi performance (may consume more power)" and it has yet to loose connection yet... interesting, i wonder how this will affect my battery today. time to compare!!!!
    CBRRider likes this.
  4. CBRRider

CBRRider Well-Known Member

I was noticing the same issue with mine last night. Full WiFi bars but kept cutting in and out. Have Comcast out here but just turned on the option in the advanced settings. Will try that out of the next couple days and see what happens.

Thanks!
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try WiFi Analyzer and see if you have a neighbor on the same channel. If so, change yours to a free one and your whole home's performance ought to increase.
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I have my OG right next to the ELT, the OG connects no problem, the ELT just flickers between saved and connected. It's flashing so fast it's really hard to see what it says. I still haven't got a good connection with WiFi yet.

I tried the wifi analyzer too, no other networks even close in strength. Hmmmm, I'm going to try a router reset, and phone reboot.
  7. Covert_Death

any suggestions hahahahah
    [​IMG]

my network is little panda, i guess grabbing 9 would be best
    marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  8. EarlyMon

There was a wifi issue on the ATT One X, but they fixed it with an OTA.

If that's what is involved here, I would expect to see the update quickly.
  9. Covert_Death

try the setting under advanced wifi that says "best wifi performance" to see if that does it for you... it's a little more stable for me... now just trying to find wifi channel that is best for my apartment
    marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  10. Covert_Death

i've switched to channel 4... (i always prefer lower channels, get funky results above 8) and it seems to be better. performance is more stable, and strength is consistently > -70dBm!

thanks much earlymon.

i'll post back tonight to update on how well this held up. in the mean time hope these two tips help everyone who has this problem

1. use "best WiFi performance under advanced in WiFi settings menu
    2. use wifi analyzer to make sure your wifi is not crowded on a channel
  11. EarlyMon

How about 3?
    Covert_Death and marctronixx like this.
  12. Granite1

I tried the best performance setting, rebooted the phone and the router. Nothin. :(

I don't really use WiFi that often, but i like to know it works when nothing else is available.
  13. HiphopAndroid

HiphopAndroid Member

My phone is jumping in and out of Wi-Fi and I'm sitting right next to my router. The HTC one x had the same issue and it received an update fix already.
    Granite1, EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.
  14. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

Same issue here! >_>
  15. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There were a couple of One X owners who also said updating their routers firmware helped, is that an option for anyone having issues?
    falconey and EarlyMon like this.
  16. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yes this is KEY!! updating the routers FW!

would be helpful if you cats post up the routers you are using and if you are on 2.4 or 5ghz.

ive a cisco e4200 with latest STOCK firmware (NOT dd-wrt, etc) and the phone see and works just fine on 5ghz as well as 2.4.

if you are using 5ghz and have DFS on in your channel assignment tab, try to force a static channel on the 5ghz side, reboot and test.

as previously mentioned, make sure you have best wifi performance checked.
    Granite1 and EarlyMon like this.
  17. EarlyMon

Also from our One X pals -

That's a pre-fix post, fwiw.
  18. Granite1

Strangely I was able to fix my issue, with an Airave reboot of all things. I started to have intermittent 3G data dropping, texts weren't being sent out. Really frustrating.

I tried to doa PRL and Data Profile update, but I kept getting booted.

Then it dawned on me the only thing I hadn't tried was an Airave reboot. As soon as the thing rebooted the PRL and Data Profile updated no problem, now I'm getting rock solid WiFi, texts are going through no problem, etc.

What I can't understand is how the darn Airave was messing with my WiFi connection??:confused: They're 2 completely different units. :hmmmm:
    falconey and EarlyMon like this.
  19. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

Maximum performance WiFi seems to do the trick. Has worked flawlessly since day one after turning it on.
    falconey and marctronixx like this.
  20. HiphopAndroid

HiphopAndroid Member

I was having Wi-Fi issues as well, then I finally went into the Wi-Fi advanced settings and switched to 2.4ghz and no problems since. My Wi-Fi. Was set to the all setting by default. Now its working fine.
    falconey and Granite1 like this.
  21. Brodequin

Brodequin Member

My wife's EVO LTE is having the same problems over the Airave. On Saturday and Sunday I'd reboot the Airave and her phone, everything would work fine but only for a few hours. Then the text and WiFi issue would come back again and reboots would be required once more. I've also tried the PRL and Profile updates with no luck.

On the other hand, my EVO LTE is not having any issues at all. I haven't tried the Best WiFi Performance setting yet on her LTE, will try when I get home.

For the record, we have the Samsung Airave and a Linksys WRT54G2 router.
    falconey likes this.
  22. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

My LTEvo randomly disconnects from my newer Linksys ea4500 router after sleeping for about 20 minutes unless I have Best Wifi performance on. Unfortunately it also appears that Best WiFi performance eats my battery (I have not fully tested this yet). I think it is my Router doing it though as my Transformer Prime has the same issue on my home network. At my office both my LTEvo and Prime connect to and stay connected to the Linksys wrt610n I am running. My ea4500 is running the latest and greatest firmware and both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The only devices having any issues are my LTEvo, Prime, and HTC Media Link. Very curious.
  23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

im running a cisco e4200 latest firmware and the sprint latest airvana femtocell.

not had any issues with data or sms use. i had another user over who has a new evo lte also and they had no issues connecting, making calls, etc.

could be any number of things here.

how do you cats have the router? is it in front or behind the airavna?
    do you have the latest FW for your routers?
    do you use AUTO on all of your router settings? if so, try sticking to one channel and if you have channel bonding on your routers, force it to 20 or 40mhz.
    disable DFS on the 5ghz side and pick a band to use.

reboot reboot reboot . :)
  24. toasty

toasty Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem, and it's happening with both my home router and the one at work, keeps popping on and off of the network. Also, earlier today, I could not even connect to the 3G network in my area, which is odd. I'm trying some of the tips on here -- switched to 2.4 and "best wifi performance" -- hopefully that will do the trick.
  25. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I had the same problem last night (never had it until after I tried the "best performance" option). But today I've had no issues keeping a connection (and I've had "best performance" turned off). Strange...