WiFi issues ( connect/disconnect. Etc.)Support

1. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

keep reporting your findings. the handset is new and there are bound to be bugs to crops up in the real world. perhaps HTC knows about some of these and a firmware update may be looming soon once an official release is hammered out...

if you want, contact htc and submit tickets. this is a great way to get their attention.
    falconey, Granite1 and CriticalCritic like this.
  2. Brodequin

Brodequin Member

Well, I've tried just about everything and my wife's EVO LTE is still having issues over the Airave. Rebooted the router, rebooted the Airave (again), restarted her phone, switched to Best Wi-Fi Performance, set the channel to 2.4Ghz, updated Profile and PRL (again)...still after a few hours the phone would stop sending and received texts and phone calls. I guess the next step is to call Sprint, maybe try to get a reactivation done as suggested by some. Is there a specific number I should call or just start with the normal support line?

And still no problems with mine.
  3. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

I told my brother to do that! His Wifi kept reconnecting and disconnecting and would never hold longer that 3 second....
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Once you reset your airave, have your misses go under settings / phone updates / update PRL, once that's done, update Data Profile. See if that makes a difference.

As soon as I did that on my setup at home, boom, everything started working. Even the WiFi, which a seperate device altogether.
    falconey likes this.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

ive no issues with the airvana. i would have sprint reset the profile for the phone thats acting up themselves. its more likely something wrong with her plan/profile rather than the phone itself.

there is an airvana direct call number (or just call sprint and have them direct you to them). they can reset things on their end. they get these types of calls quiet frequent so they will know how to fix.
    Granite1 likes this.
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I have fixed all my WiFi related issues by swapping out my Router from a Linksys EA4500 to a Netgear n900 and have also seen a huge boost in performance on 2.4ghz.
  7. BornOnFriday

BornOnFriday New Member

For those of you who are stuck in an authentication loop and can't connect with your router: I suggest that you check your security settings. My LTEvo was just looping through authentication until I loosened my security as follows:

Security Mode: Changed from "WPA2 Personal" to "WPA2 Personal Mixed" (WPA2+WPA)

WPA Algorithms: Changed from "AES" to "TKIP+AES"
    falconey, marctronixx and Granite1 like this.
  8. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Well I had receive my phone June 2, got home and the same wifi issue as my brother and could not connect (authenticating and disconnecting) so I unplugged my router and modem for about 30 second, and had the same results!? So I unplugged them both for about 5 min straight and bam! No authentication, a quick obtaining Ip and connected! No more issues! This may help some or may not, just thought I'd share!;)
    falconey and marctronixx like this.
  9. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

I'm not a networking experts(more of a noob), but I remember having a lot of DNS server issues when I switched over to Uverse on laptops, phones, tablets etc connecting. When I changed to a google dns server in the router I had no more connection issues.
  10. jcommerce

jcommerce Well-Known Member

FWIW, I believe I was having a variant of this problem. Even though I wasn't clearly dropping WiFi regularly (by seeing signal go to zero), I believe I was disconnecting/reconnecting often. First, I did a test by having my WiFi on overnight for 3 nights (which should improve battery life). With a topoff before bed, I was getting 75%-82% battery the following morning. With WiFi turned off, I have been seeing 95%-98% the following morning. Also, when playing multi-player games, like Let's Golf 3, I was being disconnected within 2 - 5 minutes.

My solution: I changed the channgel setting on WiFi settings on my Cisco router from "Auto" to a set channel (6). The default setting for my router is "auto". By all indications, I have been staying connected since. This is not to say that there isn't a bug with some phones (as there was on the One X) and that we may see a fix in a future update.
  11. strider70

strider70 Well-Known Member

12. pwrmedia

pwrmedia Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet that some of the early shipments of our phone undoubtedly do. I've got one which I plan on exchanging tomorrow for the same problems in hope that I get one of the newer shipments.

I've been dealing w/ the sporadic disconnect for the past 2 weeks, and knew it wasn't a router issue as every other electronic device (including an old OG evo) have had no problems connecting in the house or elsewhere. Had been holding out hope for a fix in a future firmware update, but that could be another month or so, and this appears to be a true phone related matter, so I'd rather exchange devices now or swap and jump ship entirely before my 30 days is up w/ Best Buy.

I enjoy the phone, but this is a deal breaker if this is spread across multiple shipments. I don't have the time to deal w/ HTC support and wait for a new production build weeks later.
  13. strider70

strider70 Well-Known Member

14. tyban

tyban Well-Known Member

Yup. My Wifi isn't working at all. Rebooting my router and modem multiple times while rebooting my EVO LTE. It worked for the first day and now it won't even recognize my dual band router. It would pick up the signal for a moment when I switched it from auto to 2.4 GHZ band but then immediately dropped it. I am thinking I need to do a factory restore.
  15. kuscoot

kuscoot Active Member

I'm THRILLED to hear they are working on a fix . . . this drives me NUTZ at my work. . .
  16. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Has the WiFi problem of the HTC One international also seen in the HTC Evo 4G LTE??
  17. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

What is the problem? I've used my LTEvo mostly on wifi since I got it add have had no issues.
    3vodroid likes this.
  18. smitty543

With prior router would get bounced off randomly with poor signal detection. My desktop computer had no problems with signal although the phone next to the computer in my hand. The EVO 4G LTE would not detect the same signal as the computer although the antennae were inches from each other.

Now have different router connected, will see if different result.
  19. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

smitty543 and Granite1 like this.
  20. tyban

tyban Well-Known Member

Factory Restore worked.
  21. tyban

tyban Well-Known Member

Nevermind. It dropped it again and won't connect.
  22. Brodequin

Brodequin Member

To update, my wife's connection issues have been resolved...by getting a new EVO. I had swapped out the old Samsung Airave with the new Airvana. Had Sprint to a hard reset of the phone. Tried the Best Wi-fi setting, setting the Wi-Fi band, setting a channel on the router, everything that's been suggested. Nothing helped at all. Got the replacement on Monday and everything has worked as expected. No failed text messages, no calls going straight to voice mail, no need to turn on and off airplane mode every two hours to get the phone to work.
    CYNICALifornia likes this.
  23. pwrmedia

pwrmedia Well-Known Member

Well, this appears to have solved my WiFi issues....

Turning bluetooth off when not in use. No WiFi disconnects, and full strength even w/o using the "best performance" setting.

Luckily this is something that can be fixed on a future firmware update or custom kernel when source is released. Give this "fix" a shot to see if it helps!
  24. tyban

tyban Well-Known Member

Just went into a sprint store. They said the WiFi dropping and looping is a known issue and they are gonna push out a fix in the next couple weeks. Basically it's the exact same issue the One X.
  25. smitty543

I have a strong WiFi signal in my home, BUT my EVO LTE started to try to use a weak WiFi signal from a neighbor. Sometimes it "objects to" permitting me to return to my strong signal unit. I have had to keep trying by repeatedly clicking on my unit's name and the 'connect' button. FRUSTRATING!

Any ideas?