• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi issues on cm7 r0.10

corance

May 2, 2012
When I turn on wifi it gives me some error and says force close or wait. If I hit wait it takes a minute for wifi to come on. Any way to fix this? While I'm here I have another question.

I want to try the mobster tweak. I made a backup of my phone before installing cm7 so if I make a backup of my phone now before flashing mobster tweak will it overwrite the first one? I don't remember an option to name it...does it name it for you?

When I turn on wifi it gives me some error and says force close or wait. If I hit wait it takes a minute for wifi to come on. Any way to fix this? While I'm here I have another question.

I want to try the mobster tweak. I made a backup of my phone before installing cm7 so if I make a backup of my phone now before flashing mobster tweak will it overwrite the first one? I don't remember an option to name it...does it name it for you?

i never get a wifi error, so id say for there theres something wrong, you may want to try a reflash, the wifi however does usually take a second to come on

i dont believe itll overwrite but im not 100% sure, when you make a nandroid backup tho it creates a CWM folder which then has a folder in it labeled with the date, which would lead me atleast to believe itll just create a new folder with todays date and leave the other folder untouched

if your still using the 2gb card i would connect to a pc with ur cable and copy your backups to the pc(for safe keeping) and cause each backup i believe is a few 100mb's so itll also help u not run into storage space issues

Upvote 0
Reflash...that means installing everything again and setting up all the settings again? I mean it does come on but it does give that error. Also maybe I forgot saying it but how did you I had a 2gb? I'm sure I said it somewhere haha. Actually ihave a 16gb. Just use the 2 to put all backup on.

Upvote 0
Reflash...that means installing everything again and setting up all the settings again? I mean it does come on but it does give that error. Also maybe I forgot saying it but how did you I had a 2gb? I'm sure I said it somewhere haha. Actually ihave a 16gb. Just use the 2 to put all backup on.

i took a guess at the 2gb cause the phone comes with a 2gb card in it when purchased at a store, if ur running a 16 then you have no worries, but on a 2gb like 3 backups would have it almost full if not all the way full

and yes when i said reflash i was reffering to doing everything over again, but i was thinking when u said u got an error that it just wasent working at all

as long as the wifi is working and you can deal with the error message id say "if it aint broke dont fix it" lol

Upvote 0
... I made a backup of my phone before installing cm7 so if I make a backup of my phone now before flashing mobster tweak will it overwrite the first one? I don't remember an option to name it...does it name it for you?

Nandroid backups made with clockwork mod recovery, are always given a unique name, by date and time (GMT time) so no, your prior backups will not be overwritten.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones