• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi issues on motorola droid RUNNING 2.2 froyo & rooted on metropcs!!!

luvjones305

Jul 29, 2010
hi i have a motorola droid 2.2 froyo rooted flashed to metropcs ok i just upgraded to froyo earlier today but now when i use wifi i can't get a connection with the wifi i was using earlier. but when i was on the 2.1 smoked glass it worked perfect but now im on froyo all i see is a comcast page pop on my native browser screen an it say im not authorize to connect with the web something like that. but i never seen that before when i was on 2.1 s moked glass rom earlier today plus when i got the upgrade i lost all my wifi settings so i put in new ip address gateway netmask dns i change all of them still no web an app market but the only thing it let me do is sign in to my google to sync my contacts to my phone thats it help me out whats your wifi settings are mines is ip address 192.168.0.100 gateway:192.168.0.1 netmask:255.255.255.0 dns1:208.67.222.222 dns2:208.67.220.220 is mine wrong or not.

Hey there my MetroPCS friend. I am possibly looking into updating to Froyo 2.2 and I am on the SmokedGlass ROM. Since I havent updated yet, I wanted to tell you what my settings are currently. Go to your WIFi settings page and and pull up the hard menu on the phone and then click advanced. My static IP is not highlighted. I know that if i highlight it I will be able to change the IP address and gateway and netmask etc. I dont think you want to use a static IP. This is just my thought, because that is what my phone is doing, I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones