Wifi Issues with froyo roms

Last Updated:

1. bengmo

bengmo Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had issues with Wifi on froyo roms? I don't mean it just doesn't work, it does work but it's extremely dodgy.

Often downloads will just stop halfway through or just never start. I have this problem the most with the Market but sometimes with Youtube and the browser.

Sometimes turning wifi off and back on fixes it but only for a little while at best, then it's back to the same old crap again.

I'm currently running NexBeast based on pete's BB 0.1 froyo right now. I have tried the leaked ROM that P3droid posted and the FRF57 that originated from Droid World (I think?) and I have this problem with all of them.

I am using Chevy's ULV 1.1 GHZ kernel atm, but honestly I've tried a few kernels and it doesn't seem to change anything.

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Did you install the zip file with the WiFi fix that Fab posted yesterday?

3. bengmo

bengmo Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I did, and now wifi sorta works sometimes but it's still far from reliable :confused:

Edit : Actually I forgot to reflash chevy's kernel after flashing NexBeast, I'm gonna try that and hope for the best.

4. GirLuvsDroid

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to tell you. After the WiFi fix, mine is working flawlessly.

5. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

I thought I had moved past wi-fi issues on 2.2, but I'm right back where I started. I've had Kangerade installed less than a day and I've been loving both the theme and quickness of the ROM. It picked up my home wi-fi connection immediately, but today at lunch I was trying to connect to a hotspot at McD's and the software indicated a strong signal and a remembered connection, but continued to stay in "scanning" mode and never actually connecting. I just got back to work and have been staring at the settings screen with the device still scanning endlessly.

I'm going to have withdrawals for days, but I think I have to roll back to 2.1 until wi-fi can be fixed once and for all. I'm getting tired of flashing every night in a quest for the holy grail of wi-fi stability. I suppose I haven't tried Fab's ROM since the update. Hmm...

6. GirLuvsDroid

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone posted a couple of days ago that they applied Fab's WiFi fix to another ROM (I think it may have been JRummy's) and the fix worked. Maybe you should try that before you change ROMs again?

7. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Having the exact same issues. running BB .2.1 the newest version. Different kernals don't really help.

8. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Yup...'twas me. I ended up flashing to BB v.2 after that, so I didn't spend a lot of time running Jrummy's ROM, so I couldn't tell you if the fix persisted or if I had a period of stability that might have been followed by more problems.

10. jaydoubledub

jaydoubledub Member

I just installed that fix for my wifi, which had the exact same issue.
    I'm running JRummy's 1.1 and it seems to have done the trick! I will keep testing my wifi and post with an update tomorrow, on how it's doing :)

11. jaydoubledub

jaydoubledub Member

Okay... maybe the update will not wait until tomorrow. The wireless is back down again. Dang! Anyone find any permanent fixes?

12. nerdrage

nerdrage New Member

will this work for nexus one?
    how do i apply it? flash like normal zip?

13. b00ky

b00ky New Member

Just wondering if this worked for you in Jrummy 1.1? Did you run into similar issues with Jrummy Kangerade 4.0.7? If so, did you have any success with this fix?

14. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

No this is a Droid only ROM...

15. servo086

servo086 Well-Known Member

I installed BB 0.4 with Jake's 1ghz kernal. Every time I try to turn on wifi my phone reboots. Not familiar with the "wifi fix from Fab," so I'll do a little more research. Sounds like it may still have some issues either way.