Wifi issues--Youtube bufferingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bill_A

Bill_A New Member

I just bought the Galaxy 10.1 tab last week and absolutely loved it until I tried using youtube.

Most youtube videos start for 2 seconds and then start buffering for a very long time, only to start for a couple of seconds and then start buffering again.

My wifi icon in the bottom right of the tab is usually gray instead of blue and I am not sure what that means.

I am connected to wifi and can use the internet but it is youtube and other video that does not play properly.

Could this be an issue with the router? Are there particular settings my router should have to avoid this problem?

Thanks for any help. I really don't wan't to return the tablet!

2. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

Lol....and I thought it was just me.

I get about 30 seconds of video before it buffers. I don't have this trouble with my wireless laptop.....web surfing is also slower on my tab.

When I see the gray wireless icon it usually means I am connected to the network but have no internet access.

3. My unit also hangs at buffering during long youtube videos occasionally. Does not happen on my desktop ever.
  4. PKayy

PKayy Well-Known Member

I get it too... Annoying as hell. Other videos I play via Flash work fine but Youtube fails me EVERYtime.
  5. eclass82

eclass82 New Member

Any updates on this?? Im having same problem.
  6. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

Had this problem on both the xoom and the tab...it might be a honeycomb issue.
  7. Incrediblerat

Incrediblerat New Member

Mine was doing this too and it made watching videos on Youtube pretty frustrating. It went away though for me after applying the Touchwiz update.
  8. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

Hmm...the update didn't seem to help the YouTube issue for me. But i have not tried more than a few videos since it came out. I like the new browser....its about twice as fast as before and much faster then dolphin. The wifi issue is still there as well.
  9. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

I hope Google or Samsung takes some action soon to resolve this problem.
  10. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Well-Known Member

I know this doesn't solve the problem, but it does help me from getting so annoyed while watching a video. I normally pause a video right after I start it so it can buffer, then when I play it I don't wait for it to buffer half way through it.
  11. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

Problem solved (somewhat). View YouTube videos on the desktop website. Forget the mobile site and stay far away from the Youtube app.

Even though you will be viewing in 360p or 480p, they look better than no HQ viewing on the app.