• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

yoshi98bc

Jun 26, 2010
Just got my incredible and I am having wifi issues at home. The phone connects just fine to my network, but I cannot use the internet. The phone says please check you network connection. A restart of the router will occasionally fix this but not always. Has anyone else encounterd this? Thanks.

Unfortunately I just got it and havent been anywhere that has free wifi. But it should work at home. I'm thinking its my router byt my laptop works fine. I was going to try a static IP but does anyone know if I can set static ip's for individual networks or will my phone be set to that IP for all networks it trys to connect.

Upvote 0
Im getting this same problem, i can watch youtube videos super fast, and most of the time the internet, but when i go into market or update facebook, i get the same error of check your internet connection. Ive tried free wifi and it works great, i just got this linksys wirless g router, and i have only my laptop and wii(rarely used) using the wifi, everything else is hardwired. I do use Wifi Analyzer to connect and i also run Speedtest.net and get 6.0 ish download 1.0 upload. Any help, im kind of new to wifi. It is password protected and secured with WEP.

Ended up being a problem with my cable from my modem to my router, it was having bad connectivity issues, got a new cable now it works fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones