wifi issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. tilejoesham

tilejoesham Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone having issues with wifi ? seems like it just doesnt work at times. i actually have had to reset my phone to get it working even though i have full signal ( sitting in same room as router ) so i have found myself using 3g but i would like to use the wifi.

Advertisement
  2. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

If you have any other wireless devices connecting to the router there might be some conflicting IP issues. You can try to set "Enable Auto IP" and see if it improves.

Head to Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > WiFi Settings > Hit the Menu Button > Advanced > Enable Auto IP.

3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

There seems to be an issue with wifi with some routers. Mine would connect disconnect connect and sooner or later finally stick, usually later. I changed my router to use WEP and that seems to have helped. I also installed wifi fixer and that at least resets it when it disconnects and other have said it fixed theirs.
    I have yet to see an actually fix or reason for it. Maybe Fro yo?

tilejoesham likes this.
  4. tilejoesham

this should work because my network is a dynamic ip system so hopefully this works but if not im going to try wifi fixer like the other post stated ty all for insight to my issues

5. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Well-Known Member

My DX connects sometimes and then crashes my wifi network. I'll try the tip from above and will let you know if it works...new DX will be here Monday so I'll be able to test the two...

6. gotmydroidx

MacII many thanks. Wifi has been working for several hours now...before it would work for only 30 seconds before crashing my network.

7. thirteen113

thirteen113 Well-Known Member

Yeah MacII, that find seriously helped my WIFI performance, though I beleive it could still be better. I just hope this is a small bug Moto is planning on fixing.

8. tilejoesham

yea same here because it has definitely helped some but i have seen that even with a full signal ( wifi signal ) it sometimes takes forever to load like there isnt internet connection i think im going to try and find something of motorola's forums and if i find anything ill post it here

9. tilejoesham

here is some probable answers but with all the issues there is bound to be a fix in the new update i would be very upset not to see one with all the wifi issues on the forum over at motorola also seems to be common to have issues with N rated routers which mine is :( https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/186776#186776

10. gvegastiger

gvegastiger Active Member

I've had problems with mine as well. I only have gotten on wifi once. I've tried using it various places all to no avail. I switched from WEP to WPA and got on for about 10 mins. Then i put it to sleep and have never been able to get back online. It says it connects, but it can't load web pages or move any data at all.

Do you guys think I just got a dud phone and should get it replaced? Or is this a software issue?

11. gotmydroidx

GVE - that's what was happening to mine. Try the setting MacII mentioned to see if it helps you out. It was a game changer for me...had my IT guy try to connect it to our corporate wifi and even he could not get it to work before I changed the setting. Now it's been up for 5 days without a hiccup.

12. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

as a network engineer, i'm curious about what exactly 'auto IP' does. anyone know? the one sentence description on the phone says 'use default ip info if DHCP fails,' which is apparently different from static addressing, as that is a separate option.

i mean, on your typical wifi LAN, a DHCP server provides automatic IP config. this, to me, is 'auto ip'. if, for whatever reason, the client can't get a response from DHCP, it defaults to a 169.x.x.x address (or is that just Windows clients).

in any case, a made up 'auto IP' not provided by local DHCP is extremely unlikely to end up with a functional IP/gateway/DNS, no? how could this help?

but apparently it does...which is why i want to understand what it does. where does it get the 'default' config from?

13. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

seems to have worked for me also...thank god

14. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

I think I fixed mine too. I had to do a factory reset on my wireless router and re-set it up and it worked...finally. It has stayed connected for about 6 hours