Wifi issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. half0ff

half0ff New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I have an SGS (GT-I9000 - they don't come with contracts in India), and am facing serious problems connecting to my home Wifi. I have a Netgear router, and the phone's wifi worked great for the first week, no signal drops or anything. It suddenly refused to work this week, and hasn't since then. Have read of this happening on other forums. When I turn Wifi on, it just shows up as connected to Netgear, but nothing works. Any workaround without rooting? If I use static IP, where will I find each of those information areas to fill in? I read here that I should disable multi-mode on my router - how do I go about doing that? Thanks in advance, sorry I'm a n00b!

Advertisement
  2. NMav

NMav New Member

Ok, well today i uptaded my Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and for some reason .. my wifi is all screwed up, it worked before todays update!

I try to connect, when i go check my wireless and networks settings under wifi settings it will automaticly say obtaining IP address then after about 40 seconds, it will say REMEMBERED and then DISABLED .. this started after the update before that everything was fine.. whats the problem? My mom came home with hers , tonight, it connected in seconds!

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums guys. You had both posted in the same thread about the Galaxy i7500 which is not your device, so I moved this to the Galaxy S forum. Seeing that you both have issues with Wifi, I didn't separate your posts. ;)

Good luck with this and enjoy the forums!

4. NMav

NMav New Member

Thanks Mod....seems to be a Galaxy sized issue starting here, disapointed with my Galaxy S...already! Had a few smaller issues in the three weeks I've had this cell phone.