Wifi Issues

Last Updated:

1. urnext

urnext Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with my Wifi connecting to my home Router. It has been fine for months, even past the O2 2.2 update, always been fine. But since this morning, when I try and connect to my home wireless router, it says Remember WPA/PSK2 and sees its in range and tries to connect but just flicks between Connecting/Disconnected constantly.

I've tried connecting to a BT Hotspot and that connects fine (Internet doesn't work, but thats cause you have to pay). Nothing has changed in my router config for months and months and not a single change on the phone either for weeks.

So why is this happening now?!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Advertisement
  2. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member

Is this happening to all wireless connections or just your home router? If its just your home router try deleting the connection in your wireless settings and reconnectiong. If that doesn't work reconfigure your router.

3. urnext

Ok, just to update:

It only seems to try and connect to my router when i'm trying to access Internet, if I don't try and access internet and just try to connect to Wifi, it doesn't connect at all. When it does connect, it's taking 10 mins to connect, which its never ever done before. And I have no internet access on the phone when it connects (HSDPA works fine).

I'm writing this on my laptop now so there no issues with the Internet or wireless to my Laptops. ( I have 2 laptops and a desktop btw, and none of them are having any issues)

MAC address is in router table, no issues there either.

Any other advice?

4. urnext

Another update:

I rebooted my phone about 9 times in total, removed battery, sim and sd card, and now it seems to be working fine.

I haven't a clue why it's working now and not before. But it is.

Seems stupid now, but still don't know why it wouldn't work before. I shouldn't have to reboot my phone and take it apart 9 times before it works :S

Seems to work for now anyway, i'll reply back if it stops working again.

Cheers for the help too.