WIFI issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

any one else having wifi issues? I keep getting network errors and slow downs, sometimes ill have full wifi bars but yet it says i have no wifi connection. This seems to be happening on any wifi I use, not just my home network.:confused:

2. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

I'm not a networking expert, but I'll put this out there anyway.
    I have my security set to wpa on a netgear router and all my devices including the spirit connect flawlessly.

Whatever the case may be, you should login to your router & check your settings (usually does the trick).

Now since your experiencing it on other networks... Try checking any bloatware you might have disabled or apps you might have installed.
    Also double check any settings.

If all else fails... Do a backup and then factory reset.

Sorry I couldn't be much help. I Really hope you get it going.
  3. freeMYphone

freeMYphone Member

Unfortunately you're stuck with Metro's "easyWIFI" snooping program. I'd leave wifi off unless you really really need it. According to that app I found 5 hotspots in my complex that weren't all broadcasting their SSIDs, don't know how ofter it updates though. Need root to kill/freeze it, jerks.

How old is your router? Old old doesn't always play nice with new new, if it's not b/g/a/n (dual 2.4/5ghz is great) probably time to upgrade. You can find good ones for about a hundred bucks on newegg/amazon. ...I'm not clear if you're having wifi issues everywhere though...?

If router/phone reset doesn't work or upgrade is not an option, you could try flashing DD-WRT if yours is compatible. My WRT54g is still going as a nice bridge, only 2.4ghz radio in it though.
  4. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I've had it happen on every network I've connected too. I'm coming from the LG Esteem and I never had WiFi issues. I'm almost thinking of going back to my Esteem till we get root on the spirit, if ever. There are some "Root Only" things im missing already.
  5. freeMYphone

freeMYphone Member

Same here... don't miss my old radio problems with indulge.

Do you have "direct wifi" enabled while trying to use "regular" wifi? I haven't played much with that, but I suspect there could be a conflict there if both are allowed to be enabled at the same time.

6. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

nope didn't even know that was on the phone till you just told me. haha, not even sure what it is.