WiFi issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. torro

torro Member This Topic's Starter

As with other Android phones, my mini suffers with wifi issues.

There is an "Advanced" options under wifi menu, which let you choose the wifi power profile. It does not make any difference for me what I choose. When I turn on the screen, the wifi is alway gone.

I the check the wifi status and half the time I just says nothing. The other half of the time it says "failed connecting". To get the mini connect I the have to restart wifi, and everything is OK until the screen is turned off.

I installed a "wifi fixer" from the Marked and managed to get the wifi running 24/7 after choosing "wifi performance". With this enabled the battery dried out after just 10-11 hours. Needless to say, this fix was removed after the next recharge.

I have no idea if this is an Android 1.6 issue, but it seems like some X10 users are experiencing similar problems.

Advertisement
  2. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Mine works well on the HTC Tattoo (also 1.6). Never any problems.

It is possible that the issue is what we have had on some other handsets where, I the issue is linked to some brands of routers. As I haven't had the problem, I haven't looked into it much, but if you have a read of some of the other phone forums you should find mention. IIRC it is actually a router issue, not Android, but has only been exposed because of the way is set-up, one brand of router doesn't account for a device leaving its range and not re-setting or something.

- Mark

3. torro

torro Member This Topic's Starter

It really Does not matter which router I am conneced to or trying to connect, D-link, 3Com or SMC all have this problems

4. Requiem87

Requiem87 Member

I had this issue too, but I installed wifi-fixer set for battery life performance.
    Then it disconnects from wifi when the screen is off, but reconnects when i wake the phone.
    Works like a charm for me, without a noticable impact on battery (actually, a little improvement, since I don't use edge on low reception anymore)

5. rawly

rawly Member

My Wi-Fi worked fine to my 'n' class router. No problems at all.

6. noddle

noddle Well-Known Member

Noobie with this phone and was just wondering how to leave the wifi on and turn the 3g/2g internet with the network off. So iff I go out side of my wifi I would not be able to access the internet? Thanks

7. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

My 'problem' with the X10 mini and X10 mini pro seems to be that it takes ages to reconnect to Wi-Fi when it comes back on. Now, given it disables Wi-Fi when the screen is off, you can see how this might become a problem.

My Milestone seems to restore the Wi-Fi connection very quickly.