Wifi Issuse with android 2.1

Last Updated:

1. ydoubleun

ydoubleun Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone

I'm having problem with wifi access to my home wireless routers.
    Before i updated to 2.1, (using 1.5) i could access to my home wifi connections ( 2 connections at home). but i noticed, when i updated to
    android 2.1, it doesn't seem working with any wifi connections (Both my home wifi). When i try to connect to any avaiable network. it says, *obataining address...* and failed.. keeps connecting but it is not working with any networks. so please help me out if anyone faced this problem and fixed before.

thanks in advance.
    ps. HTC helpdesk suggested me to try Hard reset (i don't wanna try now).
    ydoubleun.

Advertisement
  2. Noidfloyd

Noidfloyd Member

Just do a backup, then hard reset, then pull your backup out. Easy clicking to do this. Market place has great apps. If what they suggest doesn't work, trying downloading the ROM from your carriers website and re-flashing your carriers updated ROM, should already have the 2.1 flash and fixes in it.

From Market type in "App Backup & Reinstall". Good program for this.

3. kf9vh

kf9vh Member

My wife and I both purchased a Hero about 6 month ago. One of the biggest mistakes we have ever made but that is a different story.

This morning neither of our phones would log on to our home network. Keeps saying acquiring network address and signal is way down. I guess a hard reset is next. What a POS!

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Before you go as far as resetting the handset, try removing the wifi connection from the Hero's wireless settings, reboot it and your wireless router, then try adding the connection again.

It's too much of a coincidence for both handsets to have an identical problem simultaneously. Try rebooting your wireless router to reset the IP leases - that may be all that's required.

5. ydoubleun

ydoubleun Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, and i will try again when i got home.