Wifi keeps disconnectingGeneral

1. gavindeadman02

gavindeadman02 New Member

Hi,

When i'm connected to my router at home via wifi, the connection randomly drops from time to time. My laptop and TV is fine which are both running via the internet. The setting is set to stay connected always, even when the screen goes black.

Does anyone have a resolution for this? Perhaps static IP? if this is the answer, what should the settings be?

Many thanks in advance for your help, it's much appreciated

Gavin[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Advertisement
  2. Patty990

Patty990 New Member

Mine does to any ideas?
  3. manxape

manxape Active Member

mine has been doing this since the upgrade. I've contacted SE and I'm waiting for a response. Will let you know when/if I get a response.
  4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider Member

When that happens on my Vibrant, the only thing I can do is reset the router and it fixes the problem.
  5. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

Wel ive kept this as a backup altho iv never had a problem with wifi.. hopefully its of some use to u guys
    http://db.tt/po9iR6
  6. manxape

manxape Active Member

Just heard back from them and all they said was do a reinstall. So I did still had the problem so I switched off the phone took the battery out left it for 30 secs turned it back on and lo and behold the problem is solved. If only all this phones problems were that easy to fix.
  7. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Mine kinda sucks. I have the switchpro widget and I will press it on 2-3 times sometimes with no luck. If I go to settings, it will say "unable to start wifi" (WTF), but one press is settings and it almost always starts back up.
  8. gavindeadman02

gavindeadman02 New Member

That's what mine does too. It disconnects randomly but then when I go into wireless controllers then one press on wi-fi settings and it always starts back up.