Wifi Keeps turning on and offSupport

Last Updated:

1. acey612

acey612 Active Member This Topic's Starter

On Droid 2, my wifi keeps turning on and of constantly. The only ay to stop it is to turn on airplane mode or reboot the phone. After rebooting wifi works for a little while, but after the phone sleeps for awhile and I wake it, it starts again.

I have also found that if I go into wifi settings, hit menu, then hit "Scan" it fixes it, on a temp basis.

This happening to anyone else? There a fix? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

One solution that has helped me on my X is Settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings -> menu button -> advanced -> sleep policy, I set mine to never. When I want Wifi off I turn it off or Tasker does, otherwise it stays on all the time

3. acey612

Thanks for your input.

This setting is already set the same way for me. The phone has always been set that way. Which is why I find the issue odd.

4. acey612

Well your drunk input was not helpful and borderline rude my friend.

The fact is that I like trying different types of gadgets. I am a former iphone owner, droid 1 owner, and droid X owner. One of the perks to the droid 2 is in fact the improved keyboard. Many still prefer a hard keyboard. A majority in fact, according to recent surveys.

To get back on topic however, anyone else have a fix? :)

5. depth1357

depth1357 New Member

try checking your battery management settings. That was what was causing my DX to switch off wifi. It wasnt going to sleep because of the wifi settings mine was switching off automatically because I had it set to maximum battery saver. I changed it over to Night Time Saver and it stopped doing it.

Maybe yours is doing the same?

McLabia likes this.
  6. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member

While I may be necroing this thread, thanks for posting this. It cleared up my moms issues with wifi continuously disconnecting. Now she can download PvZ...yay.:rolleyes:

7. cityboy1

cityboy1 New Member

HELP..technophobe so it needs to be simple,. My sgs2 keeps scanning on wifi then disconnecting. It worked yesterday. Please help in simple terms thanks

8. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member