WiFi making me angry!Support

Last Updated:

1. l2c

l2c New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I use wifi exclusively for data traffic (market, browser, what have ya), but if I look away from my phone, it goes to sleep, and I loose my wifi connection. Sometimes it'll connect on it's own when I wake it, sometimes I have to disable and enable wifi again to get it working again.
    This is very annoying if you're downloading something, or if you use wifi and not cable to move files to and from your computer.
    I've tried the WiFi always on apps, WiFi Locks, none of em works. The setting in advanced wifi settings is on Never, doesn't help. If I set the screen to not go off for a while, it'll work... till the screen goes off. But COME ON. Am I really supposed to have the screen on JUST so the wifi will continue to work?
    Screen doesn't have to be on for cable usage ><

Advertisement
  2. neelam_lai

neelam_lai Guest

got this problem sometimes too :mad:

3. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

Hmm on my droid I just go to wifi settings hit the menu button, go to advanced and click on " wifi sleep policy". Hope that helps, I hated that on my droid.

sparklygem likes this.
  4. murkey

murkey Member

Got the same problem..but wifi connects better than GPRS...as GPRS never reconnects whereas WIFI reconnects altleast once in multiple tries..:)

5. Lovedroid68

Lovedroid68 Active Member

Same issue on my wife's X10 mini pro..sometimes it does reconnects, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes extremely slowly. When is the damn update coming to these phones! Was promised early this month from what I heard :(

6. buddy1983

buddy1983 Well-Known Member

Same problem with my GF. THinking of selling it for a HTC wildfire. ANyone have a fix for the WiFi??

7. Lovedroid68

Lovedroid68 Active Member

It got a whole lot better after the upgrade to 2.1 :)

8. buddy1983

buddy1983 Well-Known Member

I agree its better but this NEVER happens with my HTC Desire. Surely its a fault? Someone told me to setup the wifi manually. Would this help? BTW sleep policy is set to never

9. hughesey

hughesey New Member

I totally disagree.
    Mine got worse after the upgrade to 2.1
    Was absolutely fine before, only losing connection when the screen went off - but the sleep function sorted that out.
    I want to go back to 1.6

10. hughesey

hughesey New Member

just found this on another thread, will be giving it a go tonight providing my cr-ppy router from Talktalk can do it:-

"my x10 mini pro had a problem obtaining IP when i was using the following encryption
    WPA + TKIP
    I changed the router to also include AES so having the following
    WPA + TKIP + AES works for me
    if your router don't support using both TKIP and AES at the same time just use AES"

11. hughesey

hughesey New Member

non of the above worked.
    right pain in the ring.
    wish i'd not updated now!