• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi network not showing up

wtherrell

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2010
When the phone searches for WiFi it comes up with several nearby weak ones but not my strong 4 bar home network. Meanwhile, my Samsung Omnia and my Dell laptop in the same position in the house both see the network just fine and show maximum bars.
SSID is broadcast. The phone just doesn't even see this strong nearby network. Need some help on this one.

Try this yourself. Apparently the 'Nate won't recognize or report any WiFi network SSID name that contains a space. My network name was two words with space in between. Went in and changed SSID to remove the space and immediately the Nate found the network.

Strange. It's the only device I have encountered that has this behavior.

Upvote 0
Try this yourself. Apparently the 'Nate won't recognize or report any WiFi network SSID name that contains a space. My network name was two words with space in between. Went in and changed SSID to remove the space and immediately the Nate found the network.

Strange. It's the only device I have encountered that has this behavior.
Hmm interesting mine has no space either. So assume all is well now? BTW, how does your wifi speed compare with other devices you have. Some of us like me are noticing I can get speeds that nearly match my max speeds of my connection. But some people even standing right next to their routers are only getting about half of what they could/should

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones