WiFi network not showing upSupport

Last Updated:

1. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When the phone searches for WiFi it comes up with several nearby weak ones but not my strong 4 bar home network. Meanwhile, my Samsung Omnia and my Dell laptop in the same position in the house both see the network just fine and show maximum bars.
    SSID is broadcast. The phone just doesn't even see this strong nearby network. Need some help on this one.

Advertisement
  2. wtherrell

No suggestions at all? So, I have the only one that does this? Seems to work fine, otherwise.

3. wtherrell

Try this yourself. Apparently the 'Nate won't recognize or report any WiFi network SSID name that contains a space. My network name was two words with space in between. Went in and changed SSID to remove the space and immediately the Nate found the network.

Strange. It's the only device I have encountered that has this behavior.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting mine has no space either. So assume all is well now? BTW, how does your wifi speed compare with other devices you have. Some of us like me are noticing I can get speeds that nearly match my max speeds of my connection. But some people even standing right next to their routers are only getting about half of what they could/should

5. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member

If I'm sitting at my computer desk, I'm getting virtually the same speed on Speedtest on the SF as I get on my desktop (which is also running on wifi, since the phone outlet is across the room from my desk).

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

And if you move 50 ft away or so does it cut in half?

7. wtherrell

54 Mbps on all 3 Devices.

I downloaded WiFi Manager and now the nate can see SSID with spaces. Don't know if this fixed something or what.