Wifi/network problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. rhod

rhod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone been having any network issues?
    My DHD connects to wifi fine but then if i leave the wifi on and leave the house my phone doesn't automatically select gsm (I have 3g turned off)

I have to reselect 'connect to a mobile network' in the network settings, and then the G returns on my handset.

Is it best to manually select wifi everytime when you are within range or do you just let the phone connect to it automatically?

any suggestion would be awesome.

thanks
    rhod

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I have 3G and wifi on all the time. When I get back in range (home) it switches to wifi and then switches to 3G when I go out of range (leave the house).

Dave

3. rhod

whats your battery life like?

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I get a full day when fully charged in the morning. If I'm out and about the thing that sucks the battery up seems to be 'cell standby' which I'm assuming is swapping between cell masts etc. As I live in Cornwall there are quite a few dead spots so this happens a lot. Just making the point that it's not the

5. rhod

yeah thanks dave i have been finding out that the display is the main battery killer at over 70% everything else is under 10%. have my phone on GSM only from now on and select wifi when i get back home. prob the best option.

thanks for the advice

6. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

You don't need to select wifi as the phone defaults to the fastest network, if wifi is on it'll drop the 3G and go wifi (assuming you've previously done all the security stuff, etc).

Not sure if *defaults to the fastest network* is what it does but it definitely has wifi higher up the connect priority list.

Dave

7. RS78

RS78 Member

My DHD is switching from wifi to 3G ok but every so often it (at least I assume it's something to do with the phone being connected to the wifi network) seems to make my whole wireless network freeze up. I have to restart the modem/router. Had the phone less than 48 hrs and have had to do it 4 times already.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong or what I should check would be very much appreciated.