• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi networks stay saved (across various SIM cards, networks, etc.)

Hi guys,

I hate to be the guy who says "but I'm different", but I searched the forums for accounts of a similar problem but can't nail down what my issue is.

I travel constantly, so I don't use a home router or the same routers for long. I'm in and out of airports, hotels, cafes, etc. I use prepaid SIM cards in each new country I go to (I've been in Asia for about six months). I have trouble getting wifi on my Macbook at times, but my phone is usually responsive.

Except that I often get messages of network "Saved" when I try to connect. Then it just sits there. Occasionally it will freeze at "Obtaining IP Address", but less often.

I've tried forgetting the network and all that stuff. And some of the networks are open so no password to worry about.

Is this because the network isn't working? It's odd because I'll be using the network on my laptop but it won't work on my phone.

1.) Model Number ? Huawei G510-0200
2.) Firmware Version ?
3.) Baseband Version ?
Not sure, but Android version is 4.1.1
4.) Kernel Version ? 3.4.0-perf-gf909b4.......
5.) Build Number ? ___________

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones