Wifi not connecting to WPA

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I have a feeling my problem is the router and not my Droid, but I thoght I would try anyway.

I have 2 networks that I conenct to at my work. An open network and a secure one.

The open network, which has weak signal, I have no problem connecting to.
    However, when I try to connect to the secure network, which i have great signal, I get "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK". I am positive I have the right password.

The strange part is I have had my Droid for less than 2 weeks. Before I had an Eris and would connect to that network everyday without any problems. But have never been able to connect with my Droid once :( I dont think anything has changed with that router, but i cant say for sure.

Any ideas as to why the Droid wont connect?
    Unfortunately, i dont have access to the routers settings. Unless I really had to, i can try to access it early in the morning:rolleyes:

Appreciate any help

Advertisement
  2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

I run WPA2 PSK with MAC filter and blocked SSID at home, no problem connecting with the (stock) Droid (2.1). Sometimes I do have to long press on the IP address and then press "connect."
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

on a side note, have you checked out that great wifi tool Wifi Analyzer. it wont help this issue per se, but it gives great wifi details and ability to connect/disconnect connections.