• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi not working, but wait, there's more.

hept193

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
I having a very strange problem with my Galaxy Tab2 (10.1 P5110).
The WiFi doesn't connect with network at home, it keeps on showing that it is receiving a strong signal but it's not meant because I know for a fact that I there is weak signal (in the living room).

The tablet shows that it is connecting however fails to-do so. BUT the weird thing is that when the tablet is plugged in, charging, it can then connect?. Is it me or is this just weird? The signal stays if I take out the cable after connecting. I can connect to the network on other devices (phone, pc etc...)
I've tried restarting, on-ing and off-ing all that.

So, bottom line it.
I can only connect to the WiFi when the tablet it plugged in.

Help :)

I having a very strange problem with my Galaxy Tab2 (10.1 P5110).
The WiFi doesn't connect with network at home, it keeps on showing that it is receiving a strong signal but it's not meant because I know for a fact that I there is weak signal (in the living room).

The tablet shows that it is connecting however fails to-do so. BUT the weird thing is that when the tablet is plugged in, charging, it can then connect?. Is it me or is this just weird? The signal stays if I take out the cable after connecting. I can connect to the network on other devices (phone, pc etc...)
I've tried restarting, on-ing and off-ing all that.

So, bottom line it.
I can only connect to the WiFi when the tablet it plugged in.

Help :)

So are your router settings correct? Maybe you have a security protocol in place that may show on your tablet as having a strong signal, but not connecting to DHCP. I've never seen the charging issue before.

One more note, it would be wise to include your device under your username so that when you have other questions, any can see what you have and help you along.

Upvote 0
I'll leave the technical responses to the experts but mine connected to the net as expected, (i.e. a doddle). If it sees your router but won't connect - and you still have the purchase receipt(?) - I'd get it swapped, (or lose a couple of days of your life chasing forums for a response). Sorry not of more use.

Upvote 0
I'll leave the technical responses to the experts but mine connected to the net as expected, (i.e. a doddle). If it sees your router but won't connect - and you still have the purchase receipt(?) - I'd get it swapped, (or lose a couple of days of your life chasing forums for a response). Sorry not of more use.

^ This should probably be a last resort. I would still do what Bosbouer stated in his post, and possibly check what I said earlier as well.

One more thing to check is the settings on the other devices you use so you could possibly mirror them to your device.:shakehands:

<----Don't forget to add info of your device(s) to your profile.
Please hit Thanks when you get help!------------------------\/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones