• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi not working on 5700i

nick2010

Lurker
May 27, 2010
Hi,

I recently purchased a Galaxy, 5700i and for the first few days it hooked up to my access point using the WPA encryption with no issues, then all of a sudden, it does not work anymore. I reset the AP and then made sure my laptop could connect and then tried the phone again. But it just won't connect to the AP at all. Even using a static address.

Any ideas ?

Hi Beerkan,

I understand you know have the fastest i5700 on the planet :) Will try that once I fix the problem above. I just updated to Eclair (using nps 1.5; I wasn't brave enough to try your odin trick) but I am having the issue mentioned above now. I can see the wireless network fine but it simply doesn't connect. All laptops having no problems. Also no problem previously with Cupcake. Any idea?

Tks in advance

GK

Upvote 0
I think this is an early 2.1 firmware problem where odin will be your ONLY option to fix it.

You could try adding your wireless settings on your phone manually

Menu
Settings
Wireless & networks
Wi-Fi Settings
Add Wi-Fi network

From here enter your Wi-Fi details.

Alternatively you could try hard coding the Wi-Fi settings.

Menu
Settings
Wireless & networks
Wi-Fi Settings
Menu
Advanced

Here you can set up a static IP address with gateway and DNS settings.
However, you'll need to know these.

From a PC
Open CMD screen
type
ipconfig /all

Look for gateway and DNS settings and use these on the phone. Also use a fixed IP address that is not in use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones