Wifi not workingSupport

1. fchn139

fchn139 Member

I bought a INC2 from a guy last week. It is unlocked so It works perfectly with my ATT sim and I managed to get 2G running. Then I checked the GPS, Camera and so on, everything looks fine until I wen back to home. Because there is no Wifi network in my work place so I didn't find the wifi seems not working. The phone cannot found any wireless network at all. I am sure I made the ssid is broadcasting. I was thought it probably not happy with my wireless router so I closed all security setting. But the phone still cannot find the open network. So I drove to our library where have public wireless access, still nothing. On my way back, I use my other phone as a hotspot, nothing happened even I put two phone together.
    Here is a list of things I did in next couple days, went to a office building which hosted a lot of company. Almost all of these company have some sort of wireless network, my other phone in my right hand can found at least 10 networks while the INC2 which in my left hand can find none. I flashed the ROM to CM7, nothing. update radio, nothing.
    Flashed to skyrider, nothing. update radio, nothing...

The guy who sold me the phone said the wifi is working perfectly when he is using it with verizon. He updated to iPhone month before so he didn't notice if the phone stop work with wifi after his update. He seems to me a honest guy.....

any idea?

TIA

Advertisement
    :
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Just gonna ask the obvious....are you sure wifi is turned on?
  3. fchn139

fchn139 Member

yes, it is on. after check the box, there is "scanning..." under the option. then nothing. after 15s or so, the "scanning...." will show again. then nothing. it will repeat this scan process until I uncheck the box
  4. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

Just taking baby steps, as i dont know how familiar you are with Android ...

Go into Settings>Wireless & Networks

1. make sure WiFi is checked
    2. click on Wifi Settings
    3. again make sure it is still checked
    4. you should see a list of available networks here
    5. click on your network
    6. enter password if its protected, wait for it to identify and connect

have you done all of this?
  5. fchn139

fchn139 Member

yes, I did it a hundred times.
    the step 4 "you should see a list of available networks here". I see none. That is the problem.
    Maybe hardware?
  6. hilmar2k

Are you using the stock battery door?
  7. fchn139

fchn139 Member

yes, press the door didn't help too. I didn't think it is the antenna since I still can get full bar of voice and edge
  8. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I know you said it's unlocked but is this phone rooted too?
  9. fchn139

fchn139 Member

it wasn't rooted in the first two days. I couldn't get wifi work so I rooted it and tried several different ROM. All the same, can call ,connect to 2G, no wifi. Is there a way to test the hardware?
  10. hilmar2k

Download an app called Wifi Analyzer and see if it sees any networks.
  11. fchn139

fchn139 Member

Did that too. no network found. That's why I am thinking it is a low level problem. Since the phone still can boot normally with right MAC. I really need find a way to test the hardware I guess
  12. hilmar2k

Sounds like a hardware issue to me.
  13. fchn139

fchn139 Member

Will Hardware failure prevent the normal booting? I think so. It is getting really interesting now.
  14. hilmar2k

I am not sure. I still think I would look at the antenna. It's in the battery cover, and different from the cellular antenna. Maybe find someone else who has an Inc2 and swap covers as an experiment.

Have you inspected al of the contacts for the antennas on the phone?
  15. fchn139

fchn139 Member

I looking for another INC2 now. Meanwhile, someone said I have to active this phone with Verizon in order to get wifi work.... I highly doubt it..... Is it possible?
  16. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

That is not true. I have old phones I use strictly on Wifi. Not activated.
  17. fchn139

fchn139 Member

thank you. it is what I thought. not sure if INC2 is different.
  18. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

19. fchn139

fchn139 Member

20. TheAtheistReverend

Really sorry to hear that. It is surprising, since the release and all that I've seen on these forums I have not seen that before.
  21. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

My inc 1 did this. After a lot of frustration, I did a factory reset and the wifi worked. Also the inc1 had this thing where you had to turn on Bluetooth then wifi and it would work. try that as a last resort

Also I think the only antenna in the cover is the network and gps. My wifi works great without the cover
  22. TheAtheistReverend

So, what's the verdict? They help you out?
  23. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Fa real, we are dying to know...
  24. Scuderia F

Scuderia F New Member

Wow, I have been searching all day for a solution for this very same problem. I have a "flashed" Dinc that will mot see any wireless networks either, I have tried everything listed in this forum and can not get the wireless to work. Any ideas?