1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

wifi notificationGeneral

1. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

whenever im not home and not using the wifi, i cant seem to get rid of the wifi notification saying theres wifis available its kinda annoying, i went through all the wifi options but cant seem how to get rid of the notification. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. red arrow

red arrow Well-Known Member

Unfortunately from what I've read it can not be turned off, I'm sure devs will take care of this and other nags in custom roms if you choose to go in that direction.

If your phone is rooted. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2014134
  3. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Disable it till your ready to use it that is what I did. ;)
  4. AcesAndRum

AcesAndRum Member

Does that remove the notification from the drop-down menu?
  5. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

It will show WIFI is OFF. ;)
  6. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

On the Samsung S3 there was a special number to dail and then a secret menu would pop up to disable. So it's Verizon causing that persistant wifi notification. I assume that this phone also has a secret menu. But i need somone way smarter than me to find it. Below is the S3 procedure (just so you know). and it does NOT work on this phone because I tried

DIAL *#6335623#
    A menu will appear
    Select Disable WifiOffloading

Attached Files:

7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

yea, this isn't the notification that there is available wifi spots, just says, 'click to turn on wifi'

annoying at first but ive mostly ignored it... I have a widget for that...

would LOVE to figure out how to disable that...

think i will ask the HTC elevate mods if they can tell me....
  8. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

If you're rooted there's a zip you can flash to remove it from the notification drop down.

From the looks of it, it'll probably be on all VZ phones from now on. Droid Life got an LG Spectrum 2 to test and its got it too, so not just an HTC thing either.
  9. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

Yes NightAngel, I forgot that was for a different type notification on my S3. But I bet there is still a hidden menu that could get rid of it. Like you I just ignore now.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  10. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Yep thats what i did too. Im just waiting on the custom roms to appear!
  11. MikeC01

MikeC01 Active Member

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but did anyone ever figure out how to get rid of this notification without rooting the phone? I like to leave my wifi on so as not to use up all my data and I tend to go from wifi area to wifi area a lot anyway, but when I'm out and about this notification is ridiculously annoying.
  12. CruiserC50

CruiserC50 Member

Go to Wi-Fi Settings, click menu -> Advanced and uncheck "Notify me". This is on by default. Unchecking this I never receieve the notification message any more.
  13. MikeC01

MikeC01 Active Member

I already unchecked that option. I still get a notification on my status bar when I'm not connected to wifi.
  14. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Yea, that's not the same one he is talking about.

No way to do it without root, fwiw