• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WIFI Obtaining IP address problem after a factory reset

nibblets

Lurker
Dec 17, 2010
I have a rooted Desire, which I've been running Pinky's ROM 1.8 for a few months now with no WIFI issues. The phone was originally locked to Orange.

I wanted to clean the phone up a bit and reclaim some memory, so I performed a factory reset and cleared memory. After that, I couldnt connect to any of the WFI routers that I've been using. The phone would always request an IP address, but then would appear to timeout.

I thought it maybe a problem with the Pinky ROM so I reflashed with the latest LeeDroid and had exactly the some problem. Its not a problem with the router. I've tried many routers, all of which used to work fine with my phone, and they havent changed. Its a phone issue. If I use a static address, then the phone reports that its connected to the WIFI, but this isnt a proper solution 'cos they are DHCP routers and dont have any static address ranges.

I've not taken any OTA updates

Any thoughts?

Nibblets

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones