• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi occasionally doesn't connect

Kessie

Nov 15, 2010
I looked through previous threads about WiFi, and didn't see my exact problem. Also... fair warning... reading your posts here I feel even more technology ignorant than usual, so sorry if I ask very basic questions. Or if my answer is out there and I just didn't understand the lingo. I usually don't use WiFi very much, but certain apps require it, so I turn it on when I use those. But for some reason, my phone (original Droid) about half the time won't connect until I go turn off the router and turn it back on. It just says "Acquiring IP Address" (or something like that) for a long time, failing, and trying again. Like I said... it starts working if I restart the router, but that's getting annoying. I have the sleep setting turned off and other equipment in the house connects to the WiFi without a problem. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones