• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi on but grey bars...

SuperWind

Jun 20, 2013
So every time I turn my tablet on and my wifi comes it it has grey bars instead of blue so now i can't sign up for the playstore to get apps because of it,I always get a can't establish connection error, how to fix this.
If its an option i have to enable where do I go(I have jelly bean).

I own one of those japanese tablets, and yes i am able to go on the browser and such but the google play keeps saying error no connection so i backed up and Freseted my tablet and when I was told to sign in for the google play to work it said not able to establish connection, but i am connected and such, i also reseted my router, but i think the google play will work right if the bars on my wifi are blue not grey.

Upvote 0
Play Store has been having outage issues. On Chinese/cheap tablets they still use Google Blue when connected normally as the framework is still there, so you can still use Gmail, Google Voice and such, just not Play Store. However this outage causes every Google app to malfunction, and is an ongoing issue at the moment. WiFi with grey bars just means there is a problem connecting with Google's servers. Just wait it out. Currently I'm showing blue bars but I still get random errors and download/installs fail from time to time.

Upvote 0
I'm not waiting it out, for it was working before, and now its not?
How am I gonna download apps?
I'm not going to tehter my tablet to the pc everytime I wanna install an app.
Sorry if I am sounding mean because I'm not mad, but moderator above said there are other ways to do it so can we try.

Upvote 0
So every time I turn my tablet on and my wifi comes it it has grey bars instead of blue so now i can't sign up for the playstore to get apps because of it,I always get a can't establish connection error, how to fix this.
If its an option i have to enable where do I go(I have jelly bean).

Is this the AGPtek tablet you posted about here?
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/750114-how-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

Gray on the Wifi rather than blue, sounds very much like a WiFi connectivity issue. Besides being unable to connect to Play, is it able to connect to the internet at all? - can you browse websites and do email with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones