wifi on my hero

Last Updated:

1. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

right, i have just got my hero, and the wifi doesnt work, i have a zoom x6 adsl modem/router and i had wpa2 encryption, but i have taken it off and it still doesnt work, just says disconnected, i have changed it from mixed to jus 802.11g and still nothing, help please :S

Advertisement
  2. nellisere

i have srted it by switching back to my orange livebox :)

3. manxstaff

manxstaff Member

I have ongoing wifi problems, I have received a new router from my sole telecom provider as an upgrade to adsl2. This router doesn't work with teh hero. It shows full wifi signal but wont connect to it!!
    I have tried getting help from netgear who make the router, no joy...and HTC, again no help. The router is set to b and g and still the phone wont connect.
    HTC customer support basically said the 2.1 update may sort itbut no guarantees, then it obviously never came. Then they said that changing the router may work!!
    I paid

4. UnWeave

UnWeave Active Member

I've had this problem on and off since I got it, too. I'm currently using VillainROM 5.4 and the issue persists, same as on stock 1.5. Out of internest, what make is your router? Up at uni we have a Netgear router in my house, and it doesn't work well at all. At home we've got... er, I think it's a Thomson router, and I never have any trouble.

By the way, if this is already common knowledge and it's just no one has got round to replying yet, sorry; I've not really been keeping up with all things Hero until just recently...

5. manxstaff

manxstaff Member

I have a netgear dgn1000. I wouldnt mind getting another router if HTC would tell me the phone would definitely work..which they wont! I cant afford, and dont want to go through routers at associated costs and hassle....think I will be selling and going to i phone unless htc come up with something.
    Thanks for the respons, so I know its not just me...cant believe they sell something that doesnt work, surely routers all transmit the same way??

6. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Somebody started a post listing those routers that did and did not work with the Hero. Suggest you may want to look at that - try searching.

BTW you do not need wifi to sync your contacts and diary. Just use the USB cable and HTCSync.

7. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

I have this issue at home too Router: Siemens Gigaset Se (random numbers here) it came with my tiscali package, but when i go to college my phone is happy as larry connecting with their routers.

8. greg_stinson

greg_stinson Member

I had endless woe with my Linksys WAG54G2, changed to a Belkin and works flawlessly, I guess the Hero is simply picky!

9. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I too have a Thompson and and a Netgear ( both g routers). Thompson is perfect. Netgear - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Can't figure out why.

10. manxstaff

manxstaff Member

I appreciate the assistance given in regard syncing calendars etc. The problem I have is that I have a phone which is less than 6 months old, cost me

11. nellisere

try setting a static ip, go to thw wifi settings where you choose the network and press menu then advance

12. manxstaff

manxstaff Member

Have tried the static IP, still no joy.

Cant put up with the lack of support from HTC and a company that puts out a phone which doesnt do what it says on the box, total waste of

13. gingerninja

gingerninja New Member

i am such a ditz when it comes to networking...

i have a EchoLife HG520b router which worked fine for my iphone and works fine for my two computers - but i cannot get my htc hero to use it for the internet!!

any ideas

14. nellisere

DLINK DSL-G604T and BT Home Hub 2 and Thompson Livebox work, but not Zooom ADSL X6