WiFi-only ICS update for GTab 7+, how?Support

1. Bandersnoot

Bandersnoot Member

Folks,

Galaxy Tab 7+ WiFi-only with Android 3.2 Honeycomb.

I have Kies setup and it connects on USB with no problems to my Galaxy Tab 7+.

However, I noticed that on the Settings>About Device>Software update, poking the [Update/Check for updates] doesn't do anything lately. When I first got the unit it would ask if I wanted to go ahead and check, then it would spin a while and say that no update was available. Now I click on it and it does nothing.

There doesn't seem to be a way to make Keis check with Samsung to see if there's a more current version. I see listed under Firmware Information [PDA:LA3/CSC:LA3(XAR) as the most current.

Has anyone out there done an update on a WiFi-only Tab? Do you just wait for Kies to do something? Do I get a notice? Do I have to download anything?

- Bandersnoot

Advertisement
  2. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

LA3 is the latest. I updated mine over the air quite a while ago, might even be as long ago as December or January. You don't need to use Kies to update and to me the UI was pretty poor.
  3. daenas

daenas Member

I thought it something happened to my gtab as it did the same thing...didn't respond to the update button, so I reset mine. Well now I know!
  4. Bandersnoot

Bandersnoot Member

Thanks for the previous replies.

Has anyone confirmed anything from Samsung regarding exactly how WiFi-only GTabs will get ICS?