Wifi only?Support

Last Updated: 2011-08-09 03:19:47
  1. eguelch

eguelch New Member

I tried searching the forum but didn't see this topic, so I apologize if my lack of searching skills forced me to create a double post.

I switched over to Sprint recently and am hoping to use my MT4G like a tablet. Is there a way to turn off the phone network and use it as a wifi-only device?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. eguelch

eguelch New Member

The only solution I could figure out is to put it airplane mode and just turn wifi on.
  3. Sense3.0

Sense3.0 New Member

When I travel internationally, I remove the SIM card and put the phone on airplane mode. Then I enable wifi, no charges from T-mobile.
  4. emceephi

emceephi Member

Just take out the sim card.

I use an iphone 3g as basically an ipod touch. There's no sim card in it and therefore no way for it to connect to a network.
  5. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

So what do you do when you need to use it as a phone? With the SIM card out, Wi-Fi calling won't work.
  6. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member

Wifi calling is not free. The minutes used come off your T-Mobile plan.
  7. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

Depending on your plan, they either do or they don't. The plan we are on now is one where they DO NOT come off your plan minutes. That was not the point of my last post. If you take the SIM card out, Wi-Fi calling WILL NOT work, at least not with the T-Mobile app. You have effectively created a device that will not function as a phone. Seems pointless to me.