• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TheBigCheese

Jan 27, 2009
I've bought a myTouch off of Ebay, which means it does not have a service plan attached to it.

I cannot get past the opening tutorial screen without being connected to the internet, but I can't connect to my wifi either, because it seems to only be connected to the TMobile service.

Any help? I just need a way that I can connect to the Wifi in my home from the opening screen, or skip the screen entirely.

You could borrow a friends sim card and see if that works but he'd have to have the same phone or a g1 maybe. But once passed the sign into gmail account its open for you. You could go by tmobile and ask to see if they are nice enough to do that for you. Though keep in mind if you factory reset it you gonna have to do the same thing all over again. unless you root the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones