Wifi PreferenceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any app or a setting to rank preference between multiple remembered networks? Even if it would go with the strongest network that'd be fine, but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

For example, I still get signal from the free wifi in my building from my apartment but my personal network is a much stronger signal and faster connection. However, it often ends up connecting to the slower weaker signal.

I've tried WiFinder, and WeFi and neither seem to do what I need them too. Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. mj_b90

What about just a shortcut to the Wi-Fi settings menu, where you select the network to connect to? Anyone know of a way to do this? I looked at AnyCut and couldn't figure out if/how it could be done.

3. EddieVersatile

EddieVersatile Well-Known Member

I think you still have to manually select which network you want to connect to.. YOu can set it up to automatically connect to remembered networks when it sees them, but nothing regarding best signal strength

4. mj_b90

Just in case anyone is ever looking for a solution to this problem in the future, a shortcut to the wifi menu is built into 2.1 now.

Add to Home > Shortcut > Settings > Wifi