Wifi pretty slow / Mic sensitivity too lowSupport

Last Updated:

1. iPhone User

iPhone User Member

I have noticed that transferring files through Wifi is painfully slow. I'm using Solid Explorer to access shared folders on my home servers.

However, it's not getting quicker than 700kb/s. I thought it might be my SD card but it's working fine and writing up to 12mb/s and reading up to 19mb/s.

The mic seems to be pretty weird on my Tab as well, any way to increase the recording volume? There's almost no pitch when I'm trying to dictate something and the results are horrible, presumably because the sensitivity is too low.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

When you go into Settings, Wifi, then the active connection, what is the link speed and signal strength?
  3. hkmk23

hkmk23 Well-Known Member

Cannot help with the speed but there is a free app called SpeakerBoost you can download from the playstore, it is really great as it tweaks all the sound including microphone (somehow - there is no direct mic amp, but it tunes it up anyway). There are dire warnings about applying too much power but it works fine for me.
  4. iPhone User

iPhone User Member

Very good, 54mbps. :)

I'll give it a try, thanks!
  5. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

First page of reviews for that file manager mentions an issue with SMB/CIFS shares. I'd try something else. I use File Manager HD and it's much faster than 700k.
    iPhone User likes this.