• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi printing

d1001more

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
Hello forum! I just bought a HP 6510 photo smart printer. The first day I had it was was able to pick up the wifi signal and print through the Android HP ap on my galaxy s2 and transformer prime. A friend of mine also has an hp wireless printer. I was able to find his printer and connect directly to it with both my phone and tablet until today.......Now both my table and phone will no longer pick up his printer or mine. They dont even show up when I scan for wifi devices. I am having a hard time figuring out how it worked on both his and mine until today. Finding the printers wifi signal on both printers with both devices and now not being able to find either blows my mind!!!!!! Thanks in advance for any help!

I know this is slightly different than your question but it may solve the problem anyway - I have the program called printshare - it works with all kinds of printers including my WIRED network printer. I have it wired to the wireless router. I also have the printer added as my printer on google print (yes it is awesome service). From there I authorize printshare to use that printer and voala it prints everything wirelessly through the printshare app.

I do not know a lot about the new smart printers but I have noticed that wireless devices cannot be connected to multiple devices at the same time. Maybe you have to be on the same network as the printer (do not quote me on that it may just be a bunch of nonsense). The easiest way is with google cloud print and you forget the hassle.

hope to have helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones