• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi priority

Marios Georgiou

Mar 13, 2015
I need an app that will connect to a lot of wifi extenders by putting one extender in each room in open air
and connecting to that extender to each room, for example when i am to the first room should connect to the ssid of the extender to this room and connect to the other extender
when i'm on a other room that the second extender exists (because of better wifi reception in open air and when an android device is in the same room with the extender).

You are confusing two different technologies. Wifi extenders are simply repeaters (i.e., they rebroadcast the original wireless router signal… original SSID and all). Wifi prioritization allows you to prioritize which router or AP gets connected to (when multiple signals are within range), based on its SSID. Since all extender signals will have the SSID of the original source signal, prioritization does not come into play.

BTW, a better alternative to extenders is to use remote APs with the same SSID.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones