• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Problem- I gt error when i try to connect

kcsh91

Lurker
Apr 3, 2011
someone experienced tis too? any solutions? i wonder why will tis happen, it is strange, it sometimes managed to connect well n easily, but sometimes, it shown ERROR. ARGH! i found tis problem lately, after the system update, the latest update, as i seldom using Wifi while i was having exam week, so i couldnt knw if the updates do bring this. anyone can help? or any suggestions? i wish tis wont b the hardware problem, n will hav me for warranty, just bought it nt long T.T

what error are r u getting?

hmm, when i try to connect, the message "turning on" are shown, then after a while, i gt ERROR. did factory reset, restarted for many times. what should i do? after the recent update, the problem came. i just bought nt long, b4 the update, all are in well condition. what should i do? someone? reali love tis phone =( the worst solution, or mayb should i take it to the store n ask them to fix it? is it advisable to bring it to the store, as i scare they will make it even worser, as wad i had experienced with my other phones.

Upvote 0
Are you connecting using your browser or just expecting to be able to search for a wi-fi network to download your emails or use the wi-fi connection in a specific application?

My experience is that many open and free wi-fi networks require you to register, and this can only be done via a browser. So trying to connect via any other application might well end up in an error unless you have used your browser to register yourself on the wi-fi network first.

Upvote 0
Are you connecting using your browser or just expecting to be able to search for a wi-fi network to download your emails or use the wi-fi connection in a specific application?

My experience is that many open and free wi-fi networks require you to register, and this can only be done via a browser. So trying to connect via any other application might well end up in an error unless you have used your browser to register yourself on the wi-fi network first.

John, no, the wireless networks i tried to connect are all open and free for all networks, nid no browser login in order to use the internet access. wad i mean here is, i try to turn on my WiFi in order to connect to networks, but it shown error instead of turned on successfully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones