Wifi problem...obtaining IP addressSupport

Last Updated:

1. garmium

garmium New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi sorry to bother you guys but this problem is annoying.

Sometimes my Nexus one android phone is able to connect to home wifi and sometimes it isn't

-My nexus one froze so I took out the battery and replaced it and now it won't connect and stalls at obtaining ip address.

-All my computers and laptops have never received such a problem and they are all connected to the same router at home. They are always able to connect.

-My phone is always able to connect to my school wifi

Why is it an issue with the android phone?

edit:
    -I am using 2.3.4 Nexus One.
    -it sucks that they haven't corrected this issue yet.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, garmium.

Sorry to see you're having wifi issues with your Nexus One, that's a great Android device, one of the best.

Wifi issues crop up for a lot of reasons, but the most common has to do with IP address rotation on a dynamic network router set up. If your home router is set up that way, you will have to try a number of different things to get the phone to match up with the router's changing IP addresses, and not the same thing works for all devices and routers out there.

I had the issue with my Galaxy Tab, and like you say, it happened suddenly after working fine for quite a while. I resolved it by rooting the Tab and entering some code which disallowed logging of the IP address served up by the router. Your device is not rooted, I assume, tell me if it is then we'll go from there. ;)

Others will chime in now that I've put your question in the Nexus One forum area and marked your thread with the "Support" prefix. Hang in here a bit and check back for answers; this is a big place with a lot of users with a lot of experience with the Nexus One.