Wifi problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chef_uk

Chef_uk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, first post here. Just got this phone and am having a major headache trying to get it to work on my wifi. It connects fine, assigns an IP fine and both phone and Router show it as connected, but nothing is coming through. Using a data management app i see small k/b of data on the wifi tab which leads me to believe its a firewall issue on the router but i can't figure out how to allow the wildfire to get through. A mate's iPhone connects fine to my network as does my PS3 and Wii. So frustrating. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. XON1

XON1 Well-Known Member

Hi, have you tried a factory reset?

3. Chef_uk

Of the router? No, what good would this do and would i have to configure the router all over again as i have many ports opened for specific games on the pc?

4. XON1

XON1 Well-Known Member

I was talking about the phone. Try this, delete the connection from your phone and turn it off, reboot your router, once it has rebooted turn your phone back on and try to make the connection again.

5. Chef_uk

Ah, ok will go try that thanks. Just to update, I remembered i enabled my DMZ for my PS3 as i was having trouble connecting the iPlayer so i just changed it to my phone (can only have 1 device in the DMZ on my router) and i can now load pages albeit slowly. I'll move the PS3 back in and will try your suggestion though as constantly changing them over will be a pain.

6. Chef_uk

This is weird. I've removed the phone from the DMZ yet it still works :/ so i'll leave it all as it is and see if it stays as i'm off to work shortly so will be leaving my wifi zone. I'll try and connect when i get home tonight and if it fails i'll try your solution to see if it works. I'll report back then. Thanks for your help so far though :)

7. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Is it a wireless n router? I had problems with an iPod Touch and Nexus One not playing nicely with a wireless n router, even in mixed mode. Swapped it for the older b/g router and everything was fine.

I'm not sure n has massive advantages. Most handheld devices don't have the processing power to handle data that fast, and if you need more range there's no substitute for a home plug wireless repeater.

8. Chef_uk

Just to update wifi is still working fine, weird.

hunta, i'd read up on various places and saw that wireless n routers were causing problems so i changed the setting on mine to b/g only. I suppose i could change it back to b/g/n to see if it knocks the wildfire off but for now i'll see if this working environment is temporary or permanent.