• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Problem

IREWolfman

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
Is this happening to anybody else?

The wifi turns on by itself, not such a big problem.
But then it turns itself of again later.

But the wifi switch stays on. When i go to wifi settings it says turning off.

Only fix is a rebbot of the phone to use wifi again. Which is a pain.

This is my only problem with the phone.

I have the same problem.

It will appear that the wifi has turned off properly at first, but after leaving it for a while if i go to turn it back on the icon is highlighted as if it is already on but says its turning off.....only turning the phone off and back on has worked for me but it happens quite often and is becoming very tedious! I think it causes battery drain as if the wifi is on too, which can be a nightmare.

Has anyone come across a fix for this?

Upvote 0
After sleeping for a while, the wifi turns itself off. If you wait for about a minute after unlocking your phone, it should connect again.

I've not experirenced that, it happens when i turn it off manually and want it to stay off. It won't get a connection, just has the icon appearing as if wifi was on with the status 'turning off', if i try to turn it on or off it wont do anything, which is why i have to turn the phone off then back on - once the phone is turned back on the wifi will already be turned on and it will connect straight away.

It seems to happen more in an area with stronger wifi signals.......

Upvote 0
I thought that at first, so i checked running devices and stopped any that might have caused that to happen. Still have the same thing happen.

Was glad to see it wasn't just me having this problem, but i am yet to come across a way of stopping this from happenin, only thing i can do is turn the phone off then back on.

Upvote 0
After sleeping for a while, the wifi turns itself off. If you wait for about a minute after unlocking your phone, it should connect again.
Same answer, but I did notice that sometimes, it doesn't turn on again automatically. This is a random behavior on my GS.

I believe that on my GS (not 100% sure), the WiFi icon will not show up if it doesn't detect an already known Wifi APN.

Upvote 0
I also had this issue since a couple of days ago...Initially I thought it was because I installed a game called Nova because it might have affect my connectivity, so I uninstalled the game this morning, yet the problem still exists...So in the end out of desperation I factory reset it...It works fine now though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones