• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WIFI Problem

Dhondtie

Lurker
Aug 18, 2011
Hey,

I've recently bought me a Samsung Galaxy Ace who runs on Android 2.2.1
But I have troubles connecting to my own WIFI at home. I can connect just one time to my network and after that I can't connect anymore 'till I reboot my router. My wifi has a WPA/WPA2 PSK security.
My network and password stay remembered but when the network is in range it doesn't connect automaticaly. And when i click on it in de wifi-settings, it changes its status to 'not in range' until the phone scans again for networks and there it is again. But i can never connect again if i haven't pulled out the power of my router first.

Any ideas how i can fix this problem? Because it's very irritating to go to my router first, everytime i want to connect to my wifi.

I have similar issue.
I purchased Asus EeePad Transformer (used) from someone and tried to connect to my secured router. Failed. It read, disabled secured with wpa/wpa2. Tried many time but did not work. Asus tablet has genuine Android 3.1 on it.
My secured router is secured using WPA2 with "passphase".
Then I bought a NEW Tablet (not a well known brand) with Android 2.3 and tried to connect to the same secured router with same settings. Worked without any issue.
Recently I bought a used Samsung Galaxy tab from someone. Tried to conenct to the secured router but failed. Galaxy tab has genuine Android 3.1 on it.

Is the problem related to 3.1 or there is something else I should do (but its working on another tablet).
Another difference is that it worked on a brand new tablet but failed on two tablets that I bought from someone (but both of these tablets have original Android 3.1 on them). Should I apply factory reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones