• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Problem

This is my first Android, the Micromax A 87 Ninja 4, and I have problems with it already! Its just a day since I've bought it.

It doesn't connect to my wifi network. I have both my desktop and laptop connected to the same network, so it isn't a network problem.

When I switch on wifi and key in the password (once), it says connecting and then disconnects. I do not know what the problem is! How do I know if it is a defect in the phone itself?

Is a memory card required to connect to wifi and being able to operate properly? I'm waiting for delivery of a 16GB memory card.

I still haven't been able to associate my google account with the phone since it isn't connecting to wifi. My GSM network has no GPRS\3G at the moment.

What could be wrong? Please give me some tips and suggestions for troubleshooting.

this is my first android, the micromax a 87 ninja 4, and i have problems with it already! Its just a day since i've bought it.

It doesn't connect to my wifi network. I have both my desktop and laptop connected to the same network, so it isn't a network problem.

When i switch on wifi and key in the password (once), it says connecting and then disconnects. I do not know what the problem is! How do i know if it is a defect in the phone itself?

Is a memory card required to connect to wifi and being able to operate properly? I'm waiting for delivery of a 16gb memory card.

I still haven't been able to associate my google account with the phone since it isn't connecting to wifi. My gsm network has no gprs\3g at the moment.

What could be wrong? Please give me some tips and suggestions for troubleshooting.

no memory card required for wifi connection , it's a password or security web web2 problem , i think you entered wrong password

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses!

It's not a problem with password... I'm sure since the connection was established twice, with the same saved password... However I wasn't able to use the browser... Even Facebook said no Internet connection. Maps couldn't find location, inspite of having the use GPS and wifi for locations turned on. Only thing that worked, partially, was login to gmail. However the wifi connection doesn't happen reliably! I just have to turn on wifi and hope it connects!

It keeps saying scanning... Connecting... Disconnected...

I'll try rameshprathap's suggestion and give feedback.

Upvote 0
micromax ninja has many problems like screen gets stuck wifi dont connect etc coz i can connect to any wifi with my micromax a85 but with a87 it connects and disconnects, all handsets are facing this problem mostly n till now there is no sollution for that

May be its your handet problem. I prefer wifi over 3g to get internet access in mmx A87. No problem at all.

Upvote 0
This is my first Android, the Micromax A 87 Ninja 4, and I have problems with it already! Its just a day since I've bought it.

When I switch on wifi and key in the password (once), it says connecting and then disconnects. I do not know what the problem is! How do I know if it is a defect in the phone itself?

Is a memory card required to connect to wifi and being able to operate properly? I'm waiting for delivery of a 16GB memory card.

I still haven't been able to associate my google account with the phone since it isn't connecting to wifi. My GSM network has no GPRS\3G at the moment.

dude add your mack ID to router to make it work :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones