1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Wifi ProblemSupport

1. SJS

SJS New Member

1.) Model Number = HTC MAGIC
    2.) Firmware Version = 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version = 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.26I
    4.) Kernel Version = 2.6.27-00393-g6607056
    SAN@SANDROID#1
    5.) Build Number = CRC1

Hey, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I do anything wrong, or don't provide the correct information...

Basically, I have been using the "Wifi Toggle Widget" by "Rounded Labs" To turn my Wifi on and off. Upon tapping it to turn the Wifi on/off a circle with 2 arrows apears for a while as it activates/deactivates the Wifi.

I came to use my Wifi and after tapping the widget it sort of froze on the circle/loading screen. Since then I have not been able to turn on my Wifi.

Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this? I have uninstalled and installed the app to try to fix it to no prevail.

Cheers

SJ

Advertisement
  2. cintra

cintra Active Member

I'm using Toggle Settings app by Coolmagic and that turns wifi on and off ok for me on a Magic.

I guess you have tried powering the Magic on & off?

If that doesn't help I would try removing the battery for a minute and then turning back on, before going to the step of a factory reset..
  3. aratitat

aratitat New Member

i have a problem with my sony ericsson experia x8. it can no longer detect wifi. before i really had fun using my android fone but now i wanted to trash it.. its useless at all. please help me how can my fone detect wifi.. what shall i do? does it need reformat? hardware has a problem?