• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi problems on galaxy 3...

soni.jd

Sep 24, 2010
Guys,

12 days and samsung galaxy 3 has started giving me a few problems...for 4-5 days i used wifi to the max and was working perfect on my phone...one fine day when i tried switching on the wifi it switched off automatically after 10-15 seconds.i tried switinng the phone off and on (the solution of all the basic problems in phones ;) ) but it didnt work...
When i called up samsung helpline i was asked to visit a nearest service center....there i was informed that they didnt have softwares for this phone and it might take 20-25 :eek: days to get it serviced........

any one else acing this problem...or does any one have any solution....

Android is too good but Samsung service in India is pathetic....i'll never buy any other samsung device for sure......

guys, i am having the same trouble in my Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801, WIFI is not switching ON.

Any ideas how to Turn it ON again ? :thinking:

Drag down the menu from the top of your phone (Home)and click on Wi-Fi to turn it on (it will be green).
OR
Click on Setting -->Wireless and Network -->Wi-Fi Settings --> Click on Wi-Fi so the green check mark appears. This should turn on your Wifi.

Upvote 0
I recently bought a Samsung Apollo I5800. At first it would not even recognise a wifi signal from my Belkin N router. It took several hours to find the solution. I changed the channel that the router broadcasts to channel 1 and this solved the problem. My Apollo now connects with no problem and the connection is stable. If you have problems with a wifi connection try changing the broadcast channel of your router until you find a channel that is compatible with all your devices.

Upvote 0
I had much the same problem as others, and none of the above solutions worked for me. Phone tried to connect to a wifi network which had previously worked fine with it. It hung trying to get an ip address from the router. (And don't worry - the issue wasn't with with encryption/password, or MAC filtering.) Even restoring to factory settings and deleting all data didn't fix it.

The odd thing is that my router could see the phone, and as far as it was concerned, the router had given it an ip address. It's just that the phone hadn't chosen to receive and use this ip address.

So I downloaded WiFi Buddy, logged onto the router, noted the ip address that the router had given the android phone (changed the device name too - but don't think that was iimportant) set up the router to always give that device the same ip address, and on WiFi buddy set up the phone to have the same fixed ip address. (Had to also enter data for the ip address of the access point, subnet mask and dns servers too, of course.) Now works a treat.

Easy to switch off the fixed ip address on the phone when elsewhere too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones