Wifi problems....

1. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

So i finally got this bad boy home after work and i am having trouble connecting to my home wifi connection. I am using a Netgear wireless-N router. When i try to connect on the phone it gets caught up on "obtaining ip address" for a while and then quits. When i go back to my wifi on the phone it says "remembered, secured with wpa/wpa2 psk".

Just checked it again now and its saying connection unsuccesful please try again.

I had this same problem on my nexus one and just assumed that the n1 was not N compatible.

Hopefully someone can help, thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

It may not be wireless n capable
  3. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

every spec sheet i can find says its wireless-n capable. Anyone else have any insight on this.....please!!!
  4. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

all the galaxy phones have b+g+n compatibility built in.

Sorry I have to ask, did you follow these steps?

Access the Wi-Fi settings menu by navigating to the Wireless & networks menu

Select Wi-Fi settings
    Choose a listed network, or add a hidden network by selecting Add Wi-Fi network

If you choose one of the listed networks and it's secured, enter the password, press Connect and you'll be connected to that network

If you wish to access a hidden network, select Add Wi-Fi network and enter the SSID

If a password is required, you'll be prompted to enter this before connecting
  5. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

No problem, yes i did follow all of those steps and i cannot connect.
  6. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

what type of security do you use for your wireless network?

is your network broadcasting OR is it hidden?
  7. GAMERIG

GAMERIG Active Member

OP, dude- My Vibrant has zero problem with wifi 'N' router. Its d-link..
  8. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

@pablo.station - wpa/wpa2 and no it is not hidden.

@Gamerig - yeah man i have no idea why its not working on my phone.
  9. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

Ok so i logged into my router and turned off the security and it connected. So im thinking it may have something to do with the wpa/wpa2 security? Im gonna try switching it to wep and see if that does anything.
  10. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

I'm having same problem, and it's pissing me off!:mad:
  11. Smcdowellm

Smcdowellm New Member

I am having exactly the same problem. Called tech support and they couldn't help either. I'm going to try going to a hotspot today and seeing if it is only a problem with netgear. Hopefully someone can help. Good luck.
  12. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

@Smcdowellm - did you call netgear tech support or tmo? I was gonna try netgear tonight but if you already have then i wont bother.
  13. BrianH12

BrianH12 Member

I've got a netgear router running on N and it works fine. The router is not blocking new devices is it? Problem I had
  14. towcoach

towcoach New Member

Just had same problem and tried solutions listed with no success. Finally switched of router to refresh. Turned on and immediately connected.
  15. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson New Member

Go into router and turn " a b g n " on. The Netgear wireless-N router has only "n".
    The Vibrant only has "g" Or tell the router to upgrade. Usually the first option.