wifi problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my droid x has trouble connecting to my wndr3700 no security except wps Ive tired several times it will connect one out of 15 times without failing connection and starting the cycle again

so if i turn my phone off i just lost all hope of getting it working again until it randomly stays connected or if i leave my house i am screwed again.

ideas, it has open security

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > Wireless and networks > WiFi settings > Menu > Advanced > Enable Auto IP.

Try enabling that setting and see if it helps any.

3. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, but no luck

4. NWEng

NWEng Member

The X has reported issues with wireless N, try setting your router for G instead.

5. Fedalius

Fedalius Member

I'm on my third phone because of a similar issue. It won't connect to my wireless network, and also when at home it has trouble connecting to the 3g network. Tech support thought it was interference...could that possibly be part of your problem?

6. BMWBig6

BMWBig6 Member

I'm having trouble with the same model router too (WNDR3700). Before 2.2, I was only able to connect to the guest network (who knows why). Now after 2.2, I can connect to my normal (non-guest) network but sometimes it will hold and other times (90%) it will drop and constantly cycle between "obtaining IP address" and disconnecting to "wireless network found" and repeat over and over. Router logs don't show anything useful.

Has anybody else got their X to hold a connection to a Netgear WNDR3700? If so, how!?

I've already played with Broadcast (vs. hidden) SSID, channel, WPA2, band, etc.

7. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

A dumb question, but have you unplugged your router, and then plugged it back in to restart it?