WiFi problems

Last Updated:

1. maniaque

maniaque Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out why my Hero won't connect to my home wireless system.
    I'm able to connect in other hotspots around town but for some reason not in my own home.
    I have my router set up with WPA-Personal security and after numerous times attempting to connect by entering that god awful encryption key (learned how to cut & paste on the Hero) no luck.
    Reading other threads on this subject I took someone's advise and reset the router to use WEP security with the same results.
    I have a wireless laptop and printer in the household that use my wireless system just fine. Why won't my Hero play nice?
    Any hints, tricks?

thanks,
    Maniaque.

Advertisement
  2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Is your router using 802.11N? It has to be B or G, I think, for the Hero.
    Good Luck!

3. TheButcher

TheButcher Active Member

I just updated my Hero to 2.1 and now I am not able to connect to my wireless network either. I used to be able to connect before the update.
    I am also getting an error that states com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly but I don't think they are related.

4. h00k247

h00k247 Member

Same thing here. After I completed the 2.1 update earlier today I lost the ability to connect to my router. I have yet to try another router.

5. maniaque

maniaque Member This Topic's Starter

(Yes, it is a G)
    Okay, so if I problem has been identified, what is the "official" process for getting actual support to fix it?
    It's not like I'm using some oddball hardware. A Linksys Wireless G router is hardly bleeding edge or rare technology.

Sorry for the really dumb question, but how/where do I find the OS version on the phone?

6. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Menu > About Phone > scroll down to Software Version.

Good Luck!