Wifi question

Last Updated:

1. EAD13721

EAD13721 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I am going to enable my wifi for the first time. I never did before because my password was really long and I never needed to really.. I got perfect 3g and full 4g outdoors.

I just moved however and have almost no signal and come in and out of roam just walking around my new house. I was hoping if I enabled wifi maybe my calls will get routed through that and I won't have to deal with reception issues? Is this possible via the stock phone, or an app that would help?

Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

yep, that's what i do. just go to stock settings options and enable wifi, when it picks up your SSID, enter the password, if any. thing is, your SSID must be broadcasting otherwise the epic won't find it.

3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

You won't be able to route the calls through the wifi. You might want to look into the Sprint airwave.

AIRAVE

4. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

is that true? when at home, i turn off mobile data (via juice defender widget), 4g, 3g and gps, using only wifi and i'm getting calls, text messages along with all data services.

5. lefty421

lefty421 Well-Known Member

Only your data is routed through wifi, your voice calls are still going through OTA cell towers. If you have a bad/weak signal at your house, call sprint and explain the problem. They should offer you an Airave for free. I had the same problem and have since been given an Airave for free and now I have full bars all the time throughout my home.