Wifi question

Last Updated:

1. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I am totally going to be new to the android phone. I am so excited! I have a question, and fear it may be a stupid one, but will ask anyway! :p

Do I need a wireless router for my Droid Incredicle to connect to internet? Or will the phone connect to the Internet like my LG Dare already does (click on icon and it goes to internet)? Or can I connect both ways? Do you know what I mean? I am supposing that that if I had a wireless router, that would allow me wifi connection. Is that faster than just using the phone on its own? Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If you pay for data through your carrier, you will have data anywhere you go (as long as you have a signal). If there is wifi available, you can switch that on, as it will usually be faster than the phone's data connection. To do this at home, you will have to have a wireless router.

starogreen likes this.
  3. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for explaining that so simply. I get it. How much are wireless routers generally?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You dont need one of the new Wireless N routers. A simple 802.11 B or G will work fine. You can usually find one on sale for 40-50 dollars.

5. click339

click339 New Member

Does anyone kno where the LAN Settings are available in the Android Browser?
    I need to add a Port in the Proxy Settings and am not able to identify where these Settings are there?

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I dont think you can add a proxy atm. What phone do you have?